Sunday, June 17, 2007

Two Fantastic Authors

Tess Gerritsen is an author, and a great one if I may add. She writes crime mystery novels. I have read 4 of 6 or 7 of her books that feature the same characters. I have become totally addicted to her books and can't wait to start reading the last book. Hopefully she writes more novels with the same characters because like her books I have become addicted to them too. One of the main characters in these books is a female detective named Jane Rizzoli. She is one of those very independent and strong women but eventually in like the 3rd book falls victim to love like everyone else when she meets a FBI agent named Gabriel Dean, when she met him on a case they were forced to work on together. Although at first she did find him to be a very attractive man, she never would have pictured anything happening between them, and well she didn't even really seem to like him much at all and was very suspicious of him. After eventually falling in love with him they marry and have a daughter. In the 1st book, Jane is almost killed after an incident involving a man they called The Surgeon. I'm not really to sure on the details of that story because it just happens to be the one I have yet to read. What I do know is that she was pinned to the floor somehow and has still has scars on her hands from the attack. I am currently reading the 3rd book of the series called The Sinner. I am almost finished it and plan to begin reading The Surgeon as soon as I am finished. Other books by Gerritsen that I have read are Body Double, The Apprentice and Vanish. All great books. Another author I have grown to love is Karin Slaughter. Like Gerritsen, Slaughter writes crime mystery novels. She also has a series of books revolving around the same group of characters. And weirdly enough there is also a strong, independent lead character who is a police detective. Her character's name is Lena Adams. Now this isn't the weirdest part, Lena also survived an attack where she was raped and had her hands and feet nailed to the ground. I find this odd because both of these characters seem to look down at the scars on their hands a lot. I haven't read any books by Slaughter in months because I find that it is much harder to find her books. The two of her books that I have read are called Faithless and Kisscut. I am going to try to buy the collection of her book on ebay if I can't find them anywhere because they are that good, and I really want to read them. If anyone likes to read these kinds of books I highly recommend these two authors.

1 comment:

MzQbit said...

I am looking for some summer reading, so I may have to pick one of these up - they sound intriguing.